A Privacy 101 is a written policy that explains how an organization handles customer data. It's especially important for companies that deal with sensitive data like credit card numbers or social security numbers.
What Should Be Included in a Privacy 101?
The goal of a Privacy 101 is to inform customers about what information you collect, why you need it, and what you do with it. There are many different ways to create a Privacy 101, but it should include:
- A description of your business and what products/services you offer.
- A summary of the types of personal information collected by the company (i.e., name, address, phone numbers).
- Why this information is necessary for providing services (for example, how it helps us process payments).
- How long we keep customer data after they stop using our services or if they tell us not to contact them anymore (this can vary depending on local laws).
- Details on whether users can delete their accounts at any time or if there's any limit on how much personal information you ask for when someone signs up for an account or makes a purchase with your site.
- Information on who owns and has access to the data.